Wentworth-Douglass awards $40K to assist SOS Recovery
DOVER – Wentworth-Douglass Medical center has awarded a $40,000 grant to SOS Restoration Local community Organization, to assist in increasing access to therapy for material misuse.
SOS Recovery supplies peer-assisted restoration support, and wellness system provisions, for people seeking or new to recovery from material use conditions. The money will be utilized to acquire and distribute materials desired to aid every day dwelling and hurt reduction efforts.
“SOS Restoration is producing a favourable and major impression in the community, and we are grateful to be ready to enable assistance them as soon as yet again,” stated Michelle Hanson, Director of Strategic Arranging and Neighborhood Profit at Wentworth-Douglass. “The work prepare affiliated with these resources will have a significant effects on the well being of our community by enhancing outreach attempts and referral to remedy, cutting down transmission of serious infections and diseases, and mitigating the impression of an infection for individuals recovering from material use dysfunction and enduring unstable housing and homelessness.”
In 2016, Wentworth-Douglass also awarded a lot more than $110,000 to the group to aid the advancement of their recovery centre at 4 Broadway in Dover.
“On behalf of our whole crew, we want to thank absolutely everyone at Wentworth-Douglass Medical center for their generous funding around the very last many yrs,” explained John Burns, Director of SOS Recovery. “SOS has had remarkable results since of the funding it obtained from WDH for our peer-centered restoration local community business, and this carries on to be an fantastic in shape with the hospital’s mission.”
Wentworth-Douglass conducts a Neighborhood Well being Requirements Assessment just about every three years to detect exactly where the clinic ought to concentration its applications and solutions to make improvements to the overall wellness of the folks and people it serves. The money donated are authorised by the hospital’s Community Gain Funding Disbursement Committee and are not elevated as a result of any general public or non-public donations.
York Clinic innovations individual screening technologies
YORK, MAINE —With the current arrival ofthe 128-Slice Philips Incisive CT Scanner, York Hospital is now delivering the most current in imaging technological know-how to patients in Southern Maine and the Seacoast.
The individual-centric scanner accommodates a broad selection of tests and provides more quickly, a lot more reputable CT imaging, top to beneficial clinical insights. It uses an superior X-ray procedure regarded as computed tomography, which enables vendors and radiologists to watch bones, organs, blood vessels and even the heart in incredible detail. In flip, this will help to diagnose a broad range of ailments previously and a lot quicker than at any time ahead of.
“The Philips Incisive CT Scanner will tremendously benefit our health-related workers and the sufferers we care for throughout our solutions lines. In addition, our service provider group at Pulmonary Associates of York Hospital is particularly enthusiastic for our people who will gain from its use for lung cancer screening,” stated Mallory Evans, MSN, RN, FNP-C, director of York Hospital’s Lung Nodule Clinic. “With early diagnosis, a lung most cancers patient’s likelihood of survival more than 10 years jumps to 92%.”
Moreover, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Expert services (CMS) suggests annual small-dose CT scan screening next a patient-provider dialogue for substantial-danger people today (ages 50-77 many years with a using tobacco historical past of much more than 20 many years), recent people who smoke or those people who have give up in the past 15 several years. Eighty-7 % of suitable Medicare and Medicaid sufferers are not screened for lung cancer, even with owning insurance plan coverage.
Another advantage of this technological innovation is lower dose CT ability, which suggests clients will be exposed to much less radiation for the duration of their exams. (CT scanners use X-rays, a form of radiation, to seize pictures.) This is important since everyone is uncovered to smaller quantities of environmental radiation, these as cosmic radiation from the sunlight, in a natural way transpiring radioactive supplies in the ground and our bodies, and the radon identified in quite a few homes. Philips very low-dose CT scanning retains patients’ over-all overall health at the forefront, presents specific illustrations or photos for diagnosis and procedure and enhances scientific results.
To locate out whether lung screening is suitable for your or understand much more about the advantages of 128-Slice Philips Incisive CT Scanner for your well being care, make contact with your primary care supplier to plan an appointment. If you are on the lookout for a new primary care service provider, connect with the York Medical center Treatment Accessibility Crew at 207-752-8642 for support.
Granite VNA accepting nominations for Kay Sidway Award
CONCORD – Granite VNA is accepting on the web nominations for its 24th once-a-year Kay Sidway Award. The award is offered to an specific who has devoted himself or herself to the schooling, nurturing, and properly-being of families in any a single of the Central New Hampshire communities served by Granite VNA. Nominations can be submitted by means of March 15 by completing this on line kind: www.granitevna.org/material/kay-sidway-award-nomination.
Granite VNA seeks to honor an particular person who lives and/or operates in any of the 82 communities served by Granite VNA and:
- prospects by illustration in working to make improvements to excellent of existence for fellow citizens
- demonstrates a problem for the wellness and perfectly-becoming of these in his or her neighborhood
- tends to make a meaningful difference for small children and family members in Central New Hampshire
- demonstrates a commitment to the education, nurturing, and well-getting of people and
- collaborates with community businesses to determine needs that, when tackled, bolster people in his or her local community.
Nominations have to incorporate the nominee’s identify and, if applicable, their firm and placement or title. Submissions will have to also incorporate a narrative, no for a longer time than 500 phrases, describing how the nominee satisfies the award requirements.
The 2023 Kay Sidway Award will be introduced at Granite VNA’s once-a-year Enthusiasm for Caring fundraising occasion on Wednesday, May 3, at The Barn at Bull Meadow in Concord.
Much more info about Passion for Caring and about the Kay Sidway Award, visit www.granitevna.org/passionforcaring.
‘Cards for Caregivers’ Marketing campaign
ROCHESTER and PORTSMOUTH – HCA Health care Hospitals in New Hampshire – Frisbie Memorial Medical center, Parkland Health care Heart, and Portsmouth Regional Clinic – have launched a ‘Cards for Caregivers’ marketing campaign now by way of Feb. 14 to figure out the sacrifices healthcare workers make just about every day to produce higher-good quality treatment to sufferers and their households. Community members can exhibit health care heroes at HCA Health care web pages of care throughout New Hampshire their help now and through Valentine’s Working day as element of this campaign.
How to Sign up for the Campaign:
- Assistance Unfold The Information: Share info on how to ship a bodily or digital card to a caregiver with your household, mates, colleagues, and the community group. Invite them to be part of in recognizing healthcare heroes at HCA Healthcare websites of care throughout New Hampshire. We also encouragethanking caregivers at fellow hospitals and healthcare devices throughout the Granite Condition.
- Promote Your Concept of Gratitude: Social media assists bring our local community collectively in quite a few special means. You can write-up a information, picture of your card, or online video on social media with a concept of gratitude for healthcare heroes. We also encourage you to share the website link to send a actual physical or digital card and tag your area HCA Health care medical center or website of care in New Hampshire so local healthcare heroes and their families see your publish.
- Mail a Actual physical Card to your Area Clinic or Web site of Care: Mail a printable card or use your very own individual card to mail to your community HCA Health care hospital or website of care. Your card will be hung on the medical center walls so caregivers and help employees can see your terms of support.
- Send out a Digital Card to Nearby Health care Heroes: Send out a electronic card to your local healthcare heroes at HCA Health care hospitals. Your information will be extra to the ‘Cards for Caregivers’ site webpage and will be shared across social media channels.
- Say ‘Thank You’ to a Health care Hero: If you know a person personally, thank a healthcare hero when you see them. No matter whether you acquire treatment at an HCA Healthcare internet site of care or at a fellow healthcare facility and health care procedure in New Hampshire, we encourage you to take part.
- Down load a Printable Card: We invite you to share your gratitude and words and phrases of assist for our colleagues by utilizing the on the internet type or downloading a printable card to mail to your area web page of treatment. To download a printable card, hcah-p-001-shipping.stylelabs.cloud/api/community/information/b4936259cf92470a87a763bbb42f9e36?v=b2093da2