Sept. 8, 2022
Sanford Health and fitness Media Relations
(701) 200-6080 / [email protected]
WAHPETON, N.D. – Sanford Overall health Wahpeton, 332 2nd Ave. N, is now featuring various choices for the seasonal influenza (flu) vaccination. Patients may perhaps receive the flu vaccine throughout any typical Sanford go to, by scheduling an appointment, or at a vaccination occasion by appointment only on the adhering to times:
• Sept. 13 – 3-5 p.m.
• Sept. 20 – 3-5 p.m.
• Sept. 27 – 3-5 p.m.
• Oct. 4 – 3-5 p.m.
• Oct. 11 – 3-5 p.m.
Individuals should make an appointment by going to My Sanford Chart or by calling 701-642-7000. All ages are welcome throughout any of the clinic dates. The nasal mist flu vaccine will not be out there at the vaccination activities.
Individuals 6 months of age and more mature will also have the option to also get the COVID-19 vaccination at the similar time. The Pfizer COVID-19 is accessible for folks six months of age and older. The second dose of the vaccine must be received 21 times just after the 1st dose. Youngsters 6 months to 5-a long time-aged will get a third dose eight months soon after the second dose.
Study more about the safety and performance of the flu and COVID 19 vaccines at SanfordHealth.org/Flu.
Who should really get a flu shot?
Everybody ages six months and older should get a flu vaccination each year to minimize the hazard of becoming ill with influenza or transmitting it to other people. Specified groups are at higher danger and are strongly suggested to obtain the holiday:
• All little ones ages six months and more mature, except if recommended usually by your health practitioner.
• Pregnant girls and any one who turns into expecting for the duration of the flu period.
• People 50 yrs and more mature.
• Grownups and youngsters with specified continual circumstances.
To stop transmission to high-threat populations, vaccination is also advised for:
• Health and fitness treatment workers.
• Caregivers of children a lot less than 6 months of age and adults about age 50.
• Grown ups and little ones who reside with small children a lot less than 6 months of age.
• Older people and young children who are living with or care for folks with health care situations that set them at better risk for sever difficulties from influenza.
• If relevant, individuals have to have to deliver their insurance coverage card to the flu vaccine clinic situations.
• If you have a doctor’s appointment scheduled, ask to get a flu vaccine for the duration of your appointment.
• Flu viruses spread predominantly from human being to man or woman through coughing or sneezing. At times men and women may possibly develop into contaminated by touching something with flu viruses on it and then touching their mouth or nose. Hand washing is a key to minimizing your hazard.
• For a lot more info about flu or flu vaccination, take a look at the CDC’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/flu/index.htm
About Sanford Well being
Sanford Well being, the biggest rural well being process in the United States, is devoted to transforming the health and fitness treatment knowledge and supplying entry to environment-course wellbeing treatment in America’s heartland. Headquartered in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, the organization serves additional than one million individuals and 220,000 wellness prepare customers throughout 250,000 square miles. The integrated health program has 47 medical centers, 2,800 Sanford medical professionals and advanced follow vendors, 170 scientific investigators and investigation experts, much more than 200 Very good Samaritan Culture senior treatment areas and earth clinics in 8 international locations all-around the world. Find out much more about Sanford Health’s determination to shaping the upcoming of rural wellness treatment across the lifespan at sanfordhealth.org or Sanford Health Information.